Early on, the Food Recovery Network partnered with Bon Appétit Management Company and Chartwells Higher Education, and through working together, FRN has rapidly spread to Compass accounts across the country
VIDEO: Meet Bon Appétit
Most Recent News
Whole Foods Market and Bon Appétit Management Company have pledged to provide birds with 25 percent more space, natural light, and environmental enrichments. These meaningful improvements will reduce the suffering of millions of birds each year.
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 650 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free eggs, both shell and precracked/liquid
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
On a visit to Santa Cruz Coffee Roasting Company, students learn all about this unique collaboration among Bon Appétit, a local coffee roaster, and a nonprofit driven by ethics and environmental stewardship.
Throughout the winter, kids in our community visited the Garden at AT&T Park to tend to the plants, cook healthy meals, and learn about where real food comes from. Now that spring has returned and baseball season is underway, we’re thrilled to have fans back in the Garden to cheer on our San Francisco Giants. […]
Recycling works only if it is financially feasible, and — guess what — it’s not feasible if we do it wrong! Here’s how you can stay part of the solution.
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!