Plant-based products, like Hampton Creek, use much less resources than eggs do, explains Bon Appétit VP of Strategy Maisie Ganzler, who hopes that the avian flu will prompt other companies to make a change.
Most Recent News
Pope Francis’ call for a radical response to human-caused climate change resonates for Bon Appétit CEO Fedele Bauccio who made food-related climate change a centerpiece of the company’s business model nearly a decade ago.
Bon Appétit at Johns Hopkins University has committed to purchasing food from Urban Pastoral, a startup that aims to build a commercial-scale urban farming facility.
The Story of Bon Appétit
Find out where we came from, what we care about, and where we’re headed.
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 500 cafés in 32 states. Bon Appétit food is cooked from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free shell eggs
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
Salmon, avocado, and olive oil provide the healthy fats and a Southwestern spice blend contributes the flavor that will make you forget all about adding salt. Makes 4 servings.
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!