Our Waste Specialist Claire Cummings wins a 2015 Good Taste Award from SAVEUR Magazine for her incredible work assisting our cafés and restaurants in setting up food recovery and launching the Imperfectly Delicious program.
Most Recent News
Food waste fighters are starting to embrace imperfect produce, but does it make financial sense for farmers? Waste Specialist Claire Cummings shares how we figure out systems that are sustainable for everyone involved.
The Story of Bon Appétit
Find out where we came from, what we care about, and where we’re headed.
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 650 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free shell eggs
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
It’s an arms race amongst food service companies to provide the best campus food. That’s why even here at Bon Appétit Management Company, which started the restaurant-quality revolution in on-campus dining, we’re thrilled when our campuses are recognized for their high standards and innovative programs.
For the third year, Bon Appétit at Lewis & Clark College hosted Food Corps’ volunteer orientation, serving not only food, but also ideas about sustainability that volunteers can take back to the communities they serve.
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!