John Hecko, general manager of Bon Appétit at DePauw University, discusses building culture and fostering community on campus through food.
VIDEO: Meet Bon Appétit
Most Recent News
Over at Emory University, you can peruse the Stem to Root plant-based dining station, at the newly built student center, to find a plethora of clean eats.
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 1,000 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free eggs, both shell and precracked/liquid
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
How much protein do I actually need — is more better?
Inspired by work on Bon Appétit’s Plant-Forward Culinary Collaborative, Executive Chef Chris Lenza is featuring seasonal ingredients and plant-based proteins in colorful to-go items at the Musical Instrument Museum.
The Bon Appétit team at Massachusetts Institute of Technology hosted two dozen culinarians from across the East Coast for the region’s first plant-forward culinary training.
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!