Chefs are going out of their way to make use of everything that comes into their kitchens. At Compass Group & Bon Appétit, we go the extra step by rescuing Imperfectly Delicious Produce that would normally be wasted.
Most Recent News
Six Bon Appétit chefs — representing Google, Yahoo, LinkedIn, Oracle, Brocade, and Samsung — competed in a Chopped-style competition.
Malachi Harland, Executive Chef of Catering at Google, took home the top prize in a Chopped-style competition against five other corporate chefs.
The Story of Bon Appétit
Find out where we came from, what we care about, and where we’re headed.
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 500 cafés in 32 states. Bon Appétit food is cooked from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free shell eggs
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
David Evans of Marin Sun Farms shows a Bon Appétit team from headquarters around the Petaluma, CA, slaughterhouse he saved from closing.
Fork to Farm Grant Update: Campus Community Farm at St. Mary’s College of Maryland Finishes Greenhouse
The Campus Community Farm at St. Mary’s College used its Fork to Farm “seed” money to build a new greenhouse instead of the original planned hoop house.
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!