Produce often travels 1,500 miles between farm to consumer, but as part of the Eat Local Challenge, students, staff, and faculty had the chance to eat a meal sourced completely locally.
Most Recent News
Waste Specialist Claire Cummings has seen shocking amounts of produce get wasted on farms. Through our Imperfectly Delicious Produce program, our chefs have saved over 126 tons of food.
The Story of Bon Appétit
Find out where we came from, what we care about, and where we’re headed.
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 650 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free shell eggs
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
The cofounders of 5 Mountains Tea visit University of San Francisco and share the story behind their tea and the values they strive to uphold.
I’m excited to continue the conversation around food and food justice on college campuses where I refined my own convictions.
Introducing the many people involved in the fresh, delicious food at the Garden at AT&T Park — from planting and picking to chopping and cooking it!
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!