The Commissary’s Open Kitchen Series corrals various chefs into collaborating once a month on a meal centered one one ingredient.
VIDEO: Meet Bon Appétit
Most Recent News
“What makes Bon Appétit so special?…The whole company is based on three standards of food; it is alive with flavor and nutrition, prepared from scratch and sourced in a socially responsible manner.”
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 650 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free eggs, both shell and precracked/liquid
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
Aggregating local food from more than 80 small farms, The Common Market supplies Bon Appétit at Johns Hopkins University, Gallaudet University, and the University of Pennsylvania as well as other institutions.
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!