Bon Appétit General Manager Joan Homrich remarks on the three things that factor into Cornell’s dining program being ranked second in the nation: local ingredients, engagement of the staff, and support of the college.
Most Recent News
Recipes and realities are changing in home kitchens as well as at Bon Appétit’s corporate cafés.
The Story of Bon Appétit
Find out where we came from, what we care about, and where we’re headed.
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 650 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free shell eggs
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
The wants, needs, and desires of college students are always evolving — trying to avoid the freshman fifteen, needing a late-night snack to power through finals week, or craving some biscuits and gravy on the weekend. If you’re lucky, you have a chef like Christopher Smith on your campus.
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!