For the past 13 years, Bon Appétit Management Company’s Eat Local Challenge has asked chefs to produce a meal entirely from ingredients grown or raised within 150 miles. This year’s event, held Sept. 26, included an additional twist!
VIDEO: Meet Bon Appétit
Most Recent News
In an effort to always keep things fresh, Bon Appétit switched things up in the dining hall and pleasantly surprised students upon arriving back at school.
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 650 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free eggs, both shell and precracked/liquid
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
When Bon Appétit chefs from Ohio and Indiana recently converged on DePauw University in Greencastle, IN, for a Bon Appétit Midwest Chefs’ Collaborative, inspiration and good spirits abounded
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!