Since its founding in 2014, Macalester College’s chapter of the Food Recovery Network, in partnership with their Bon Appétit team, has recovered over 9,481 pounds of food from Café Mac.
VIDEO: Meet Bon Appétit
Most Recent News
When visiting the Rose Garden Tea Room, set amidst the historic Rose Garden at The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens, it feels as if you’ve been transported back in time to a charming cottage in the countryside. Offering beautiful views of the gardens from every window, the Rose Garden Tea Room serves traditional tea service in a cozy, intimate setting.
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 1,000 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free eggs, both shell and precracked/liquid
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
What’s the difference between culinary oils and essential oils? Are they safe to consume?
As director of events for three Bon Appétit Northern California public restaurants, Nathan Carraway not only produces stellar events down to the tiniest detail, he helps drive revenue-generating marketing initiatives.
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!