We have a companywide goal that by the end of 2018, at least 80 percent of our accounts will be Food Recovery Certified. Our Waste Programs Manager Claire Cummings explains how all restaurants can participate in food recovery without fear.
VIDEO: Meet Bon Appétit
Most Recent News
Companies that we serve, like Google and Twitter, are working with organizations like San Francisco-based Food Runners to reduce waste and deliver food to those in need
America’s third-largest chicken producer is introducing changes that are a major step forward in animal welfare for the industry, possibly in response to consumer, retailer, and restaurant demands for more humanely raised and slaughtered poultry
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 650 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free eggs, both shell and precracked/liquid
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
Although your typical burger generally doesn’t conjure up images of wellness and sustainability, the Blended Burger Project is a movement to change that by making burgers more healthful for eaters and better for the environment.
I seem to be going to a lot of barbecues and summer parties. How can I avoid feeling like I’m only fit for a nap afterward?
“Gestation crate free” means no use of gestation crates, right? To the large pork producers, apparently not. Here’s how I wound up in a hog barn in Pennsylvania.
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!