In light of the overturning of California’s state ban on foie gras, CEO Fedele Bauccio shares his belief that foie gras has no place on menus.
Most Recent News
How Fedele Bauccio turned a small catering business into a Bay Area food empire.
The Story of Bon Appétit
Find out where we came from, what we care about, and where we’re headed.
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 500 cafés in 32 states. Bon Appétit food is cooked from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free shell eggs
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
This Campus Farmers webinar will cover how different management structures — volunteers, departmental supervision, paid farm managers and/or interns —are used to achieve campus farms’ specific missions.
Fermented foods, such as this relish, contain probiotics to help you digest almost anything. Try this relish with sausage, smoked fish, potatoes, or on a cheese plate.
Fuel up the right way with a steel-cut oat porridge that combines nourishing whole grain oats with flavorful cheese and strong wild greens. Serves 4-6.
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!