Food-service management provider for UChicago Dining, Bon Appétit Management Company offers development opportunities to employees who want to advance in the field.
VIDEO: Meet Bon Appétit
Most Recent News
In response to student feedback, the University of Portland’s food-service provider Bon Appétit Management Company has made big changes. These include a revamped Pilot House menu, new stations at The Commons, and events where students can voice their opinions about the food.
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 1,000 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free eggs, both shell and precracked/liquid
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
Executive Chef Greg Lowry and Sous Chef Matt Lovelace from Phillips 66 in Houston were honored to be among a handful of acclaimed chefs invited to participate in the Heritage Fire Snowmass in Aspen, CO.
A group of ProStart students spent two days touring the University of Chicago campus, where they found role models in the Bon Appétit and UChicago Dining teams
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!