Just as the Exploratorium’s exhibits are designed to encourage young visitors and their parents to explore and step out of their comfort zones, the restaurant’s menu does the same.
Most Recent News
Our partner at the Cleveland Museum of Art’s Provenance Restaurant also serves on Seafood Watch’s Blue Ribbon Task Force. Here, he talks about why chefs should care about sustainable seafood. national culinary strategy. talks about serving
The Story of Bon Appétit
Find out where we came from, what we care about, and where we’re headed.
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 500 cafés in 32 states. All Bon Appétit food is cooked from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Cook 100% from scratch
- Directly support small, local farms
- Serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Serve only cage-free shell eggs
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Serve only third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
Containing a blend of aromatic spices, these baked croquettes are a delicious, nutritious, and low carbon replacement to meat or cheese-based varieties. Serves 4. 1 cup red lentils 1 bay leaf 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 tablespoon coriander seed 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon white pepper 3-4 scallions, diced (reserve 2 […]
While fruits and vegetables are almost all nutritious for our bodies, they are not all equally beneficial for maintaining and improving the health of the environment. Here are some suggestions for what to do about foods that are nutritious, but also have a high carbon footprint making them less healthy for the earth.
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!