School cafeterias can be large contributors to food waste, but Bon Appetit is taking measures to reduce Seattle U’s impact.
VIDEO: Meet Bon Appétit
Most Recent News
The award-winning Commissary is revered for its light, California-inspired Spanish cuisine.
Arguello and STEM Kitchen + Garden are among the restaurants boasting “the best patios for when Karl the Fog goes on vacation”
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 1,000 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free eggs, both shell and precracked/liquid
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
From Our Blog
When asked how he ended up in cooking, Bon Appétit Chef/Manager Dick Thompson answers, “Life happened.” In just over three years, Dick has gone from supervisor at Melt to chef/manager of the entire TVUC, which has five concepts.
New to sardines? Don’t knock ‘em til you try ‘em. Learn to love this heart-healthy fish by mixing with creamy avocado, lemon zest, and smoked paprika for a flavorful light lunch or hearty snack.
We’re growing, and that means we’re hiring, from cashiers to catering attendants to chefs. If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!