In late April, food system professionals gathered virtually and in person for the annual Northeast Farm to Institution Summit, with Bon Appétiters leading multiple events.
VIDEO: Farm to Fork – Now More Than Ever
From Our Blog
Meet These Five LGBTQ+-owned Businesses Changing the Food System
These LGBTQ+ organizations are just a handful of the many working to create a more inclusive and equitable food system from the farm to the kitchen and beyond.
Queer Food Isn’t About Rainbows
Although rainbow-colored merch, food, and ads aren’t necessarily bad things, there has been a trend of using rainbows to build credibility without providing meaningful support to LGBTQ+ communities. We explore this concept and what queer food really is.
More blog posts
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 1,000 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free eggs, both shell and precracked/liquid
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
Follow us on Instagram
Food service for a sustainable future for corporations, universities, and museums in 33 states. #lovebonappetit
Most Recent News
University of the Pacific Celebrates Resident District Manager Sia Mohsenzadegan
Bon Appétit at University of Pacific Resident District Manager Sia Mohsenzadegan was recognized with the 2023 Podesto Award for excellence in student life service and mentorship.
Big Pork Producers Just Can’t Quit Gestation Crates
Chief Strategy and Brand Officer Maisie Ganzler is quoted in Bloomberg Business about the complexities of sourcing gestation crate-free pork.
The Future of the Corporate Café
“Employees, especially younger ones, are demanding more culturally authentic meals and climate-friendly kitchen protocols, like reducing waste, according to Mr. Bauccio and others in the corporate food service business. They are eating less meat and questioning labor practices. Health and wellness have become a menu mantra.” – Kim Severson, The New York Times
Times may be different, but we’re still hiring! If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team that takes your and others’ safety seriously
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!