This Black History Month, we’re excited to give you a taste of what’s cooking in our kitchens at Bon Appétit Management Company. To celebrate our Black culinarians, we released our Amplify Black Culinarians digital cookbook, a tribute to the diverse culinary heritage of our Black chefs, cooks, and culinary experts. In this post, we’re sharing a roundup of some of the recipes from the book!
From Our Blog
Lunar New Year is a vibrant festival celebrating the coming of spring and the beginning of the lunisolar calendar that is observed in many Asian cultures and communities around the world. Symbolizing the passage from winter into spring, the holiday is rooted in traditions that purge the old to make way for the new prosperous year ahead.
The Lunar New Year festive season is not only about vibrant lanterns and parades, but it is also a time to enjoy a feast of carefully chosen foods that promise good fortune for the coming year. Below we dive into the symbolism behind ten of Lunar New Year’s luckiest foods, each carrying hope to deliciously usher in the blessings of the new year.
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 1,000 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free eggs, both shell and precracked/liquid
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
Follow us on Instagram
Most Recent News
Allowing pigs to turn around. It may seem like a modest goal, but it’s taken decades of advocacy for this basic humane standard to become law in California. Yet now, some politicians are doing anything they can to undo this work—including overturning elections—to achieve their goals.
Cafés and Restaurants at the Huntington and Metropolitan Museum of Art Named Among the Nation’s Best
The American Alliance of Museums recently noted the cafés and restaurants at the Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens and the Metropolitan Museum of Art as among the nation’s best museum eateries.
Converting Americans’ deficient produce intake and poor dietary habits has proved a formidable feat, but not a fait accompli. This was the impetus propelling the Produce Business industry-nominated award series, which launched this year to honor innovative companies and executives that market and sell produce to drive overall consumption. Bon Appétit Management Company is the inaugural winner in the foodservice category.
Times may be different, but we’re still hiring! If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team that takes your and others’ safety seriously
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!