When you’re trying to eat plant-forward, start with whole grains as your foundation, then build with in-season roasted or fresh crunchy vegetables, legumes, and maybe then a small amount of well-seasoned meat or seafood — or tofu or legumes. Add blasts of flavor — and umami — such as capers, olives, chilies, oyster sauce, garlic, and lots of herbs.
Some recipes from our chefs and wellness team to get you started:
- Toasted Quinoa Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- Farro with Roasted Delicata Squash, Kale, and Sherry Vinegar
- Red Lentil Slaw with Tomato, Ginger, and Coriander
- Spiced Whole Grain Couscous Salad with Sunflower Seeds and Citrus
- Sesame Barley Salad with Seaweed, Sesame, and Cucumber
- Wild Rice with Butternut Squash, Spinach, and Toasted Hazelnuts