Rich in texture and flavor, yet still light and balanced, this cold soup will satisfy and refresh on a hot summer day. Serves 4.
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup diced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 jalapeño chili, seeded and diced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Remove seeds and pulp from one cucumber. Dice all three cucumbers and set aside.
Toss grapes with onion, parsley, black pepper, and vinegar and refrigerate.
Blend cucumbers, avocado, garlic, yogurt, jalapeño, and salt in food processor or blender until smooth. Chill for at least 20 minutes before serving in chilled bowls topped with a spoonful of grape mixture and drizzle of olive oil.