Watch BAMCO’s Maisie Greenawalt Talk Meat at TEDxManhattan Feb. 16
- by tribe
This Saturday, February 16, join thousands of “foodies,” “farmies,” and leaders in food and farming in watching the TEDxManhattan: Changing the Way We Eat conference.
Registration for in-person attendance is closed, but you can tune into the live webcast either via your computer (10:30 am to 5:45 pm EST), or find a viewing party in your area to watch it on a bigger screen, communally!
Bon Appétit is very honored that Maisie Greenawalt, our vice president of strategy, was selected to present. During the third session, Empower, which starts at 4pm EST, Maisie will speak frankly about “How the Humane Sausage Gets Made” — how a large corporation like Bon Appétit decides to tackle animal welfare issues, and what specific challenges we face in meeting our aggressive deadline of 2015 to end all purchases of pork raised without gestation crates.
The distinguished roster of speakers includes:
- Gary Hirshberg, Chairman, Stonyfield Farm
- Anna Lappé, Founding Principal, Small Planet Institute and Small Planet Fund
- Annemarie Colbin, Ph.D., Founder and CEO, Natural Gourmet Institute for Health and Culinary Arts
- Peter Lehner, Executive Director, NRDC and NRDC Action Fund
- Bill Yosses, Executive Pastry Chef, The White House
- Ann Cooper, Renegade Lunch Lady; Partner, Lunch Lessons, LLC; Director, Food Services Boulder Valley School District; Founder, Food Family Farming Foundation: The Lunch Box, Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools
Here is the full line-up. You can also follow along via Twitter — use #TEDxMan.