Food Safety ManagerDescription:
Our Passion is Food!
At Bon Appetit Management Company we are committed to two things, great food and outstanding service! At Bon Appetit you won't find our managers referring to a corporate recipe book or our chefs microwaving the lunch special. We do not have standardized recipes or central commissaries, instead, our chefs and managers are expected to stay abreast of current culinary trends and bring cutting edge food into their cafes. We are a restaurant company that operates in contract food service. That means you will have the freedom to be creative, take risks, and truly shine. We are committed to our staff growing, trying new things, and learning all that they can. Our rapid growth and breadth of accounts translates into exciting opportunities for our people!
The Food Safety Manager is responsible for developing and overseeing all of the food safety
regulations, policies, and procedures for Bon Appétit Cafés. The Food Safety Manager will help to
develop, implement and enforce security and food safety standards, policies, and programs
including HACCP, SQF, and GFSI, regulatory audits, food safety training programs, standard
operating procedures (SOP’s), product inspections, and standardized work instructions. In addition
to this, this individual will be responsible for effectively lead the implementation and execution of
the company’s safety strategy placing a strong emphasis on continuous improvement and
● Develop and provide training for food safety and quality requirements.
● Develop and maintain documentation such as SOP’s, as well as maintenance of manuals,
policies and procedures as relate to any food safety concerns.
● Update existing food safety procedures and documentation to keep up with changing
● Work closely with General Managers, Café Managers, Chefs, and employees to ensure
conformance to company standards.
● Verify critical control point procedures and parameters for completion as parameters for
completion as per established food safety program.
● Conduct facility safety audits as well as manage third party audits. Review all results in a
timely manner and based upon the findings, provide immediate feedback and support to the
● Assist employees with training and educating potential supplier to ensure compliance.
● Work closely with Operations Managers on any food safety or quality assurance issues.
● Oversee proper maintenance and sanitation of all facility to comply with food safety
● Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and
documented correctly at all times.
● Document, investigate quality concerns, resolve and follow up corrective measures.
● Provide guidance and direction to Management team on Safety programs established by
● Work closely with Management team to ensure initiatives are properly aligned and executed
throughout Campus to meet safety performance goals.
● Compile, analyze and interpret accident and lost statistical data; make recommendations on
actions that will drive toward zero injuries.
● Assist with root cause analysis for accidents and incidents. Assist in development and
implementation of corrective actions.
● Ensure that corrective actions are thoroughly implemented and sustained.
● Continuously engage employees to ensure needs and compliance are met, enforce safe
behavior and a positive safe culture.
● Identify safety training needs, design, develop, and implement training programs as needed
to ensure continuous improvement of employee health and safety behavior and
● Excellence in time management and organizational skills with a high degree of initiative.
● Attention to detail and accuracy, sense of urgency and flexibility, requires limited
● Working knowledge of quality practices and procedures and the ability to coordinate a
HACCP Program and provide improvements.
● Knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations.
● Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
● Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
● Food industry experience
● Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
● Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
● Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
● Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating
work efforts with other employees and organizations.
● Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and interact with all levels within the
● Strong passion for great food and hospitality
● Ability to speak and present effectively in a group setting to Associates, Managers and Client
and represent the Google Food Brand
● Working knowledge of Google Applications
● Ability to work independently as well as in a team
● Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
● Degree in Food Science or related discipline
● ServSafe Certification
Apply to Bon Appetit today!
Bon Appetit is a member of Compass Group USA.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: California-Mountain View
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, November 30, 2018
Areas of Interest:Foodservice - Business/Corporate Dining