REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGERDescription:
Bon Appétit Management Company - Who We Are
Bon Appetit Management Company, a subsidiary of Compass Group NA, is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 500 cafés in 32 states for dozens of marquee clients. Our food is cooked from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. (Salsa, too!) A pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we’ve developed programs addressing local purchasing, overuse of antibiotics, sustainable seafood, the food–climate change connection, humanely raised meat and eggs, and farmworker rights. We’re grateful to have been recognized by many leading foundations, nonprofits, and industry associations for our work.
We are currently searching for a Regional HR Manager to support the Bon Appétit accounts primarily in Southern CA, with additional accounts located in Utah and Northern CA. This position will provide human resources support to attract, retain, develop, and recognize Bon Appétit employees within the Southern California region. This position will work in partnership with the Regional Vice President, District Managers and Corporate HR to support our operations. Candidates should have prior work experience and education in the areas of performance management, training and development, handling complex investigations, advising on staffing and recruiting strategies, talent review conversations, engagement survey follow-up, employee recognition, compensation, providing advice in compliance with federal, state and local regulations and working in a multi-unit environment. The position will be located within the SF Bay Area region.
- This position will report to Bon Appetit Corporate HR and will be assigned to work with the Regional Vice President and a decentralized team of District Managers, General Managers, executive chefs and other leaders throughout Southern CA, UT and Northern CA
- Provides strategic and tactical support in the areas of recruitment and selection, assessment, training and development, retention, engagement and compliance.
- Works with company HR Service Center on HR activity in the region, elevated investigations, and identifying trends.
- Reviews various reports such as turnover analysis, training compliance, performance appraisals, and other HR programs.
- Work with senior managers to build a high performing team that works together effectively, with high morale and engagement, and holds people accountable to our high standards
- Keeps the regional accounts updated on company policy and procedure in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Audits accounts to ensure they are in compliance with all state and federal laws, and company policies.
- Works with managers to develop and execute recruitment plans, and provides advice on the posting, interviewing and selection processes.
- Provides advice and support for employee on-boarding, including guidance on offer letters, I9 processes, background checks and orientation.
- Supports new account openings within the region
- Conducts training courses with HR content to include the open communication process, updated legislative procedures, handbook, policies and procedures, wage/hour, benefits, code of conduct and client special requirements.
- Provides support and advice in the areas of performance management, performance appraisals, and staff development programs
- Engages in workforce planning with senior team to project needs and plan accordingly
- Provides support for the engagement survey process
- Assists with complex safety and worker’s compensation cases.
- Works with the LOA Department on complicated cases.
- Manages sensitive and confidential information responsibly to include coaching documents, wages, and performance action plans.
- 50% travel primarily within Southern CA is required, minimal overnight travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A 4-year degree in HR Management, Psychology or Business Management.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in lieu of a degree.
- 7-10 years of previous HR Manager experience preferably in the food service industry.
- Good working knowledge of human resources especially in California
- Has knowledge of payroll concepts, employee relations, policies and procedures, employment practices, compensation, LOA, FMLA, performance management and training.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make recommendations, demonstrates organizational skills, problem-solving skills, active listening and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult employee situations effectively.
- Demonstrates skill in prioritizing competing work assignments, employing political acumen and integrating information to determine appropriate courses of action and their implications.
- Must be able to handle sensitive issues with confidentiality, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos written in English. Strong attention to detail.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Strong communication skills to include conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Prior experience with presenting in front of a group.
- Ability to lead meetings and trainings with employees and other members of the company.
Great People. Real Opportunities.
Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Bon Appétit Management Company is part of Compass Group North America which is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply to Bon Appetit today!
Bon Appetit is a member of Compass Group USA.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Activation Date: Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018
Areas of Interest:Human Resources