“We hope the way Bon Appétit lives its values inspires other companies to do the same.”
—Jose Padilla, Executive Director of California Rural Legal Assistance
Awards for Bon Appétit and Executives
- EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2014 Award in the Services category in Northern California
- Most Innovative Company in Food (2013), Fast Company
- Lifetime Achievement Award, International Association of Culinary Professionals
- Sustainability Pathfinder Award, Chefs Collaborative
- Cruz Reynoso-Ralph Abascal Don Quixote Award, California Rural Legal Assistance
- Inaugural Leadership Award, James Beard Foundation
- Seafood Champion, Seafood Choices Alliance
- Inaugural Going Green Award for Business Leader, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Best Sustainability Initiative (for Low Carbon Diet), Food Management
- Industry leader recognition in Environmental Defense Fund’s Innovations Review
- Nation’s Restaurant News Innovator Award
- Food Alliance “Keeper of the Vision” award for excellence in sustainable food service
- The Humane Society of the United States Award for Excellence in Food Service
- Ecological Society of America’s Corporate Award for ethical business practices
- SAMCEDA’s Award of Excellence for service to the community
- Portland Sustainable Development Office’s BEST Award
- BEST Award for Sustainable Food Systems
- “Most Vegetarian-conscious Ball Park” and “Most Vegetarian- and Earth-Friendly Corporate Café” from PETA
- William D. Littleford Award for Corporate Public Service
- “Golden Dumpster Award” from the City of San Francisco for achievements in converting what would have been trash into renewable resources.
- Restaurant & Institution‘s Ivy Award for distinguished excellence in food and lodging operations in the U.S.
Awards for Individual Locations
- Business & Industry Innovator of the Year (Starbucks HQ — picture, right), Food Management (view PDF)
- Best Place to Have Lunch (Carlson Center), Lake Minnetonka Magazine
- Best Menu Concept (eBay), Food Management
- Gold certification from the City of Portland’s Sustainability at Work program for Lewis & Clark College and Reed College in Portland, OR
- Gold for Waste Management in NACUFS’ 2014 Sustainability Awards, for Washington University in St. Louis
- Grand Prize, National Association of College and University Food Services’ Loyal E. Horton Dining Awards for Case Western Reserve University’s renovated Leutner Commons
Our schools consistently place on Best Campus Food lists:
- Princeton Review: Wheaton College (#1 in 2011, 2008, and 2002; #6 in 2013 and 2012), Washington University in St. Louis (#9 in 2013, #5 in 2012, #7 in 2011), St. Olaf College (#8 in 2013, #13 in 2012).
- The Daily Meal’s 2013 Healthiest Colleges list (which includes the healthiest campus dining options) ranked our schools Biola University (#2), Wheaton College (#4), University of Northwestern (#11), Mount St. Mary’s College (#18), and George Fox University (#20).
- The Daily Meal’s lists of Top Universities for Food Lovers and Best College Food 2012 (most recent released) both included high rankings for Bon Appétit accounts Washington University of St. Louis, St. Olaf College, Wheaton College, and others.
- Newsweek/The Daily Beast’s 2011 list: Bon Appétit Management Company feeds 8 of 25: St. Olaf College (#1), Pitzer College (#2), Claremont McKenna (#4), Roger Williams (#5), Wheaton College (#6), Seattle University, Washington University in St. Louis, and Vanguard University.