The aroma of pizza crust, orange peels, chicken bones, and half-eaten sandwiches has become an all too familiar scent to Bon Appétit Management Company’s Midwest Fellow Elise Kulers and east coast Fellow Elise Dudley, who have weighed over 1,500 pounds of food waste produced by over 8,500 guests at colleges and universities this year.
VIDEO: Farm to Fork – Now More Than Ever
From Our Blog
It’s a Plant-Based Party! Fellows Bring Vegetable Inspiration to College Residence Hall Kitchens
Across the country, Bon Appétit teams have been hard at work paving the way for a plant-forward revolution. The Bon Appétit Fellows have embarked on a similar mission to spread inspiration and knowledge about how to cook with vegetables through a series of plant-based cooking demonstrations for college students.
Farm to Institution Northeast Summit Brings Together Food Systems Professionals
In late April, food system professionals gathered virtually and in person for the annual Northeast Farm to Institution Summit, with Bon Appétiters leading multiple events.
More blog posts
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 1,000 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free eggs, both shell and precracked/liquid
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
Follow us on Instagram
Food service for a sustainable future for corporations, universities, and museums in 33 states. #lovebonappetit
Most Recent News
A Gesture of Appreciation at Transylvania University
Transylvania student makes 100 ceramic coins as a thank you to the Bon Appétit team on campus.
Executive Chef Introduces Students to Global Cuisines at Furman University
Bon Appétit Executive Chef Gustavo Sanchez-Salazar finds a home away from home at Furman University.
University of the Pacific Celebrates Resident District Manager Sia Mohsenzadegan
Bon Appétit at University of Pacific Resident District Manager Sia Mohsenzadegan was recognized with the 2023 Podesto Award for excellence in student life service and mentorship.
Times may be different, but we’re still hiring! If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team that takes your and others’ safety seriously
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!