We believe that it takes more than one person or one siloed team in a company to truly make sustainability a core operating principle. From our wellness and purchasing teams to our managers and cooks in the field, we strive for sustainability to be second nature across every level of our company.
From Our Blog
Every year at the holidays Bon Appétit Management Company presents our clients with a gift we’ve made on their behalf to an organization whose work aligns with our social and/or environmental values. We support fair treatment for all workers, so in 2023, we donated to the Labour Protection Network (LPN), a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and protecting the rights of workers in various industries, including the fishing industry.
This Black History Month, we’re excited to give you a taste of what’s cooking in our kitchens at Bon Appétit Management Company. To celebrate our Black culinarians, we released our Amplify Black Culinarians digital cookbook, a tribute to the diverse culinary heritage of our Black chefs, cooks, and culinary experts. In this post, we’re sharing a roundup of some of the recipes from the book!
Leading By Example
Bon Appétit Management Company is an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and other specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 1,000 cafés in 33 states. Our chefs cook from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. Widely recognized as a pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we are proud to be the first food service company to:
- Directly support small, local farms
- Strive to serve only sustainable seafood
- Address antibiotics overuse in our meat supply
- Switch to cage-free eggs, both shell and precracked/liquid
- Tackle food’s role in climate change
- Advocate for farmworkers’ rights
- Commit to pork raised without gestation crates
- Switch to third-party verified humanely raised ground beef
Follow us on Instagram
Most Recent News
Allowing pigs to turn around. It may seem like a modest goal, but it’s taken decades of advocacy for this basic humane standard to become law in California. Yet now, some politicians are doing anything they can to undo this work—including overturning elections—to achieve their goals.
Cafés and Restaurants at the Huntington and Metropolitan Museum of Art Named Among the Nation’s Best
The American Alliance of Museums recently noted the cafés and restaurants at the Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens and the Metropolitan Museum of Art as among the nation’s best museum eateries.
Converting Americans’ deficient produce intake and poor dietary habits has proved a formidable feat, but not a fait accompli. This was the impetus propelling the Produce Business industry-nominated award series, which launched this year to honor innovative companies and executives that market and sell produce to drive overall consumption. Bon Appétit Management Company is the inaugural winner in the foodservice category.
We’re always looking for great people to join our teams! If you:
- Get excited when fresh, local produce arrives on your loading dock
- Enjoy creating all-new dishes from scratch
- Love interacting with people through delicious and nutritious food
- Thrive when part of a close-knit team that takes your and others’ safety seriously
- Enjoy helping people reach their full potential, nourishing them through at-work learning opportunities
Then you may be a fit for us!