Recipe: Moroccan Spiced Carrots
The combination of cumin, coriander, and cinnamon in this side dish creates a unique and satisfying flavor that makes it easy to focus your plate on plants. Serves 4 as a side.
- 1 pound whole carrots, washed, dried, and thinly sliced (or thin whole carrots, cleaned)
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses*
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Toss carrots with olive oil, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, salt, and pomegranate molasses or lemon and lay in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
*If you do not have pomegranate molasses, you can substitute 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice.