Trine University’s New Performing Arts Center Hosts Charlie Daniels
- by Guest
The recently refurbished, beautiful T. Furth Center for Performing Arts and Ryan Concert Hall, at Trine University in Angola, IN, now hosts world-class performers for its performing arts events — and the Bon Appétit team at Trine enjoys being given the opportunity to cater them with elegance and flair.
Trine University, with the help of many donors and supporters, repurposed the nearly 100-year-old, crumbling Angola Christian Church into the gorgeous venue thanks to a close to $8 million renovation. The grand opening of the center brought country legend Lee Greenwood to the stage, and since then the calendar has been dotted with other special events. A recent popular performance included a visit from country star Charlie Daniels. With his Southern twang, he delighted the guests with stories from the road of his long career. The Charlie Daniels Band performance, of course, included musical numbers, such as the country hit “The Devil Went Down to Georgia.”
Prior to the show, the Bon Appétit team catered a private meet-and-greet session for VIP patrons with an hors d’oeuvres buffet. Guest favorites included house-made roasted portabello mushroom ravioli and miniature beef Wellingtons. Many members of the Trine University team had the chance to meet the country legend, who suggested that they follow him on tour to provide all of his meals! Immensely flattered, the team looks forward to serving more of their extraordinary house-made delights to legendary entertainers right there at Trine.
• Black Bean–Crusted Tuna | with vanilla-scented onions and carrot sauce
• Mini Beef Wellington | with mushroom stuffing in puff pastry, served with Bordelaise sauce
• Chicken Satay | with peanut-orange sauce
• Roasted Portabello Mushroom Ravioli Caesar Salad | in house-made Parmesan cheese bowls
• Artichoke Hearts | stuffed with shrimp and crab salad
• Mini Cream Puffs | with chocolate and caramel sauce
• Chocolate Oblivion Flourless Cake | with raspberry cream sauce
Submitted by Craig Stangland, Director of Operations