Recipe: Grilled Stone Fruit, Arugula, and Olive Salad
- by bonappetit
Summer stone fruits like apricots, peaches, and plums are the perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth without the added sugar. This seasonal salad pairs smoky-sweet grilled stone fruit with spicy arugula and salty olives for a flavorful combination that is perfect for any summer celebration.
- 4 apricots, pitted and halved, and/or 2 medium peaches or nectarines, pitted and quartered or halved*
- About 2-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/8 plus one pinch teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 6-8 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup olives of preference (Moroccan black olives pair well), pitted and chopped
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Heat grill to high and toss stone fruit with enough olive oil to lightly coat. Once grill is hot, cook fruit pieces until grill marks are observed on each side and fruit is slightly softened, about 1-2 minutes per side, depending on ripeness of fruit. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
Whisk remaining olive oil (about 2 tablespoons) with lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Toss arugula with lemon-olive oil dressing. Top with olive, grilled stone fruit, and basil.
*The size to cut your fruit depends upon your grill. If the quartered pieces of peaches or nectarines will fall through the grate, then halve them and slice again after grilling.