High in fiber and protein, garbanzo beans (or chickpeas) can easily become the star of any dish. Flavors of silky coconut curry, fresh mint, and bright lime juice coat the garbanzo beans for the ultimate feel-good salad.
• 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste (from a jar; found in the Asian aisle of most supermarkets)
• 1/4 cup light coconut milk
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 2 (14-15 ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans)*, drained and rinsed well
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
• 3/4 teaspoon sugar
• 3 small tomatoes, chopped
In the bottom of a large salad bowl, whisk the red curry paste, coconut milk and lime juice until very smooth. Season with cumin and salt.
Stir in the chickpeas, cilantro, mint, sugar, and tomatoes. Give a final stir, and serve immediately, or allow the flavors to meld for a few hours in the refrigerator.
*Bon Appétit chefs use dried beans cooked in our kitchens. When using canned beans, rinse well to reduce sodium.