Recipe: Herbed Kohlrabi Slaw
This “cabbage turnip” is delicious grated into a slaw with bright herbs and tart vinaigrette. Serves 4.
- 3/4 pound kohlrabi (about 3 small bulbs, leaves and stems can be saved for use in another recipe), peeled and grated or shredded using a mandolin
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as mint, cilantro, basil, and/or thyme
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Coarsely ground black pepper
Toss kohlrabi with chopped herbs in a medium bowl.
Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey then mix in grapeseed oil.
Toss kohlrabi and herb blend with vinaigrette and coarsely ground black pepper.
Serve cold or at room temperature.