Easy and healthy, these Bat Energy Bites are the perfect snack to make this spooky season – full of oats, protein, cocoa powder, and other energy boosting ingredients! Eat these energy bites before they fly away on Halloween. This recipe is great for the kids of all ages.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (or any nut or sunflower seed butter)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt optional
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats uncooked
- 2 tablespoons dry chocolate cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, optional
- Broken blue tortilla chips, pretzels, or nuts for bat wings
- Eye-decorated candies
In a medium-sized bowl, combine oats, the coarsely chopped chocolate, creamy peanut butter, cocoa powder, sea salt, vanilla extract, and honey. Beat until the mixture is well combined.
Using a cookie scoop or 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop even-sized amounts of dough and roll into balls. Place on a parchment paper-lined plate and freeze for 15 minutes before eating.
Remove from fridge and add your tortilla chips, nuts, or pretzels for bat wings . Then using a drop of honey, attach the eyes to the front. Store these bats in an airtight container for 4-5 days (we keep ours in the fridge).