Most granolas pack a punch of sugar (more than 15-20 grams per serving), but this recipe includes unsweetened coconut, ginger, pumpkin butter, nuts, and seeds to add flavor without the added sugar and only 6 grams of naturally occurring sugars. Makes twelve 1/2-cup servings.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup shelled pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- 1/2 cup shelled almonds, unsalted
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, unsalted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin butter (no sugar added)*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried ginger, chopped
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Combine oats, seeds, nuts, coconut, pumpkin butter, and cinnamon. Lightly spray a heavy sheet tray with pan spray and evenly spread out mixture. Bake, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes or until mixture is browned.
Let cool at room temperature, then add cranberries and ginger.
When completely cool, store in airtight container.
*If you can’t find pumpkin butter, you can substitute 1/4 cup pureed canned pumpkin and 1/4 cup no-sugar-added apple butter.