Location: Oberlin College in Oberlin, Ohio
Our Passion is Food!
At Bon Appetit Management Company we are committed to two things, great food and outstanding service! At Bon Appetit you won't find our managers referring to a corporate recipe book or our chefs microwaving the lunch special. We do not have standardized recipes or central commissaries, instead, our chefs and managers are expected to stay abreast of current culinary trends and bring cutting edge food into their cafes. We are a restaurant company that operates in contract food service. That means you will have the freedom to be creative, take risks, and truly shine. We are committed to our staff growing, trying new things, and learning all that they can. Our rapid growth and breadth of accounts translates into exciting opportunities for our people!
Office Administrator for Labor, Sales, and Marketing reports directly to the General Manager. This individual is responsible for all Bon Appétit and Oberlin College work that includes UAW scheduling and labor management in the way of overtime coverage and equalization, as well as sales, accounting, and troubleshooting. This person also directs marketing efforts at the unit following Bon Appetit brand standards and marketing expectations. This person will work closely with the our client and the management team in meeting standards set by the labor contract and recordkeeping needs, focusing efforts on client and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee Oberlin College’s Green Dot Meal Plan
- Provide training and support for NCR registers in dining halls to dining hall managers and line checkers
- Maintain knowledge of Oberlin College meal plan definitions and usage policies, including Co-op and OSCA periodic needs
- Act as liaison to ID Card office for hardware, administration, and reporting needs
- Write weekly UAW schedule and post prior to deadlines, with periodic revisions done as a result of vacation, call-offs, etc.
- Administer the college’s Attendance Policy as it applies to UAW workforce
- Administer recruiting and hiring processes for UAW workforce following established procedures and contract agreements.
- Assume leadership of the account’s marketing responsibilities; be able to direct student workers and café managers in this area. Delegation is essential
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Education: Degree in HR, Business, or Communications is preferred
- Experience: Prior restaurant experience is preferred, along with administrative experience: College degree and 2 years of related experience or 6 years of related experience.
- Able to speak or write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to staff, peers, supervisors, guests and client.
- Has a computer skill with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong passion for great food.
- General culinary knowledge of basic kitchen practices, protocols and procedures.
- Ability to follow all Bon Appétit Health & safety standards.
Apply to Bon Appetit today!
Bon Appetit is a member of Compass Group USA.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Activation Date: Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, January 3, 2019
Areas of Interest:Administrative and Support Services