SENIOR WELLNESS COORDINATORDescription:
A Fresh Approach To Great Results.
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one – to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business – from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering and vending, to facilities management and support services. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it's our great people providing great service that generates our great results. In turn, it’s important to us that our talented employees be given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential. Play a key role in our future success:
At Bon Appetit Management Company we are committed to two things, great food and outstanding service! At Bon Appetit you won't find our managers referring to a corporate recipe book or our chefs microwaving the lunch special. We do not have standardized recipes or central commissaries, instead, our chefs and managers are expected to stay abreast of current culinary trends and bring cutting edge food into their cafes. We are a restaurant company that operates in contract food service. That means you will have the freedom to be creative, take risks, and truly shine. We are committed to our staff growing, trying new things, and learning all that they can. Our rapid growth and breadth of accounts translates into exciting opportunities for our people!
We are seeking a full-time Senior Wellness Coordinator to work in a university campus setting in Chicago, IL. Monday-Friday with occasional nights and weekends for special events.
The Senior Wellness Coordinator oversees and performs all Bon Appétit responsibilities as an Onsite Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and will act as a liaison between students requiring special diets and/or medical accommodations and building managers, supervisors and food service
- Nutrition Assessments and Counseling-Registered Dietitian will be available to meet with students individually to assess the diet and health-related lifestyle of registered students who have requested or have been referred for an assessment, including nutritional assessment of diet when applicable. Visits can include acute counseling sessions with up to five visits per school year. Dietitian will maintain a referral list with the college for students requiring more long-term nutritional counseling.
- Special Diet Requests - Registered Dietitian will work with Bon Appétit and college protocols to support students with special diet needs and/or medical accommodations. When needed, the dietitian will work with the college to establish and maintain campus protocols related to ADA compliance for special dietary needs.
- Maintain open communication system with campus resources (student health services and/or office of disability services) and with students (including direct contact with students, parents), and directing student questions and referrals.
- Individual recommendations are based on current nutritional science.
Supervision and Staff Development
- Menus - works with café managers and supervisors to ensure that foods are identified properly according to Bon Appétit protocols.
- Develop and implement training to support food allergy and wellness protocols onsite for management and hourly teams.
- Participate in investigation and/or planning corrective action when applicable. (e.g. a reported food allergen exposure).
- Work with staff to implement a robust Food for Your Well-Being program.
- Work with the Executive Chef to ensure that all meals are nutritionally balanced, varied and appealing to the senses and meet Bon Appétit’s well-being commitments.
- Registered Dietitian and Executive Chef will devise a special events calendar for each calendar year. They will implement the special events calendar with input from the building managers and supervisors.
Program Development and Implementation
- Plan and implement an annual wellness calendar of events specifically for assigned campus.
- Attend and present at designated campus events.
- Provide nutrition-related workshops for groups, upon request.
- For “WBI®” accounts – Registered Dietitian will be involved in supporting all critical steps in WBI® including recipe testing/entry/approvals, accurate entry into café manager and overall integrity of the program. Conducts designated menus reviews in specified timeframes.
- For “In Health” accounts – Registered Dietitian will be involved in supporting all critical steps in In Health including weekly menu reviews.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required.
- Licensed by the State Dietetics Licensing Board in states where applicable required.
- Three (3) years general Dietitian / Nutritional work with related experience in college/university environments.
- General Hospitality knowledge and interest in sustainability and sustainable food practices.
- Working knowledge of nutrient analysis software and ability to learn/master internal Webtrition software.
- Ability to manage simultaneous events and a large staff in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point. Computer data input skills.
- Ability to travel upon request.
Apply to Bon Appetit today!
Bon Appetit is a member of Compass Group USA.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 20, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 21, 2018
Areas of Interest:Nutrition/Dietetics, Foodservice - Education