Location: San Francisco, CA
Our Passion is Food!
At Bon Appetit Management Company we are committed to two things, great food and outstanding service! At Bon Appetit you won't find our managers referring to a corporate recipe book or our chefs microwaving the lunch special. We do not have standardized recipes or central commissaries, instead, our chefs and managers are expected to stay abreast of current culinary trends and bring cutting edge food into their cafes. We are a restaurant company that operates in contract food service. That means you will have the freedom to be creative, take risks, and truly shine. We are committed to our staff growing, trying new things, and learning all that they can. Our rapid growth and breadth of accounts translates into exciting opportunities for our people!
We currently seek a reputable Unit-Controller for one of our multi-faceted higher education client locations.
The successful candidate should possess savvy business skills, be a highly motivated professional, with proven ability to establish excellent working relationships with various team members. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for all daily/weekly cash handling procedures
- Responsible for follow up/research to any revenue variances with location managers
- Responsible for all daily/weekly account receivables process and procedures (billing and collections)
- Analyze financial results for both internal and external use in relation to top line sales
- Resolving various accounting/reconciliation issues in regards to sales/revenue/tenders
- Financial reports: monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including but not limited to monthly and weekly close, internal and external audit reporting, report preparation and distribution
- Managing, reporting, and monitoring of location surprise safe and cashier audits
- Assist/support when needed for Maintaining weekly inventory processes and procedures
- Assist/support when needed for Maintaining weekly account payables processes and procedures
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
***Please note that this is NOT an executive level accounting director, manager, or partner position. This is an in-unit accounting and finance role.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with revenue control, financial reporting and cash handling responsibilities
- Accounting experience in foodservice or retail industry required, foodservice operations experience a plus
- Experience with sales analysis and reporting
- Adept at planning, organizing and controlling complex processes as well as analyzing moderately complex financial information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at managing multiple priorities and relationships
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office with a concentration in Excel. POS experience a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
Apply to Bon Appetit today!
Bon Appetit is a member of Compass Group USA.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: California-San Francisco
Activation Date: Friday, December 15, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, December 16, 2018
Areas of Interest:Accounting/Auditing