Location: Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, GA.
Our Passion is Food!
At Bon Appetit Management Company we are committed to two things, great food and outstanding service! At Bon Appetit you won't find our managers referring to a corporate recipe book or our chefs microwaving the lunch special. We do not have standardized recipes or central commissaries, instead, our chefs and managers are expected to stay abreast of current culinary trends and bring cutting edge food into their cafes. We are a restaurant company that operates in contract food service. That means you will have the freedom to be creative, take risks, and truly shine. We are committed to our staff growing, trying new things, and learning all that they can. Our rapid growth and breadth of accounts translates into exciting opportunities for our people!
- Coordinate and oversee internal and external catering events
- Develop and maintain the catering marketing plan including a comprehensive event planning service to clients and detailed menu development
- Hire, train, and schedule catering staff, and be actively involved in the development of existing catering staff in service techniques, menu presentation, policies, and procedures
- Ensure successful operations of catering functions including labor cost control, food cost control and preparation, transportation, setup, operation, and clean up of all events
- Additional responsibilities include the reporting of operating statements, reports, and operational budgets, and review of the collection of receivables
- All catering activities, books, plans & directed functions
- Menu development & costing, marketing functions as they relate to the catering department
- BS degree in Hospitality or Culinary degree preferred
- A minimum of five years of experience in hospitality industry including two years in management (preferably Catering Management) is required
- Booking, selecting and costing menu items, pricing contracts, and resourcing temporary help and equipment experience is key
- The ability to supervise food preparation, service and clean up is also essential
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office, internet, and email
- Desire to learn and grow with a top notch foodservice company
Join the Compass Group family today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 14, 2018
Areas of Interest:Foodservice - Education