PART-TIME RESIDENT DIETITIAN - WATERVILLE, MEDescription:
A Fresh Approach To Great Results.
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one – to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business – from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering and vending, to facilities management and support services. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it's our great people providing great service that generates our great results. In turn, it’s important to us that our talented employees be given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential. Play a key role in our future success:
At Bon Appetit Management Company we are committed to two things, great food and outstanding service! At Bon Appetit you won't find our managers referring to a corporate recipe book or our chefs microwaving the lunch special. We do not have standardized recipes or central commissaries, instead, our chefs and managers are expected to stay abreast of current culinary trends and bring cutting edge food into their cafes. We are a restaurant company that operates in contract food service. That means you will have the freedom to be creative, take risks, and truly shine. We are committed to our staff growing, trying new things, and learning all that they can. Our rapid growth and breadth of accounts translates into exciting opportunities for our people!
We are currently seeking a Part-Time Resident Dietitian to work in a college campus setting in Waterville, ME. 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday with occasional weekends for special events.
Oversees and performs all Bon Appétit responsibilities as Registered Dietitian. Will act as liaison between students requiring special diets and/or medical accommodations and building managers, supervisors and food service personnel. This may include but not be limited to providing a special menu for these students. The Registered Dietitian will also work closely with management team to ensure Bon Appétit well-being commitments are upheld including menu requirements, training, and documentation as well as support any campus-specific wellness programs. Where applicable, the Registered Dietitian will also monitor accuracy of specific nutrition programs such as the Well-Being Program® and/or In Health. Maintains current knowledge of nutrition and sustainability issues related to the food industry.
- Nutrition Assessments and Counseling-Registered Dietitian will be available to meet with students individually to assess the diet and health-related lifestyle of registered students who have requested or have been referred for an assessment, including nutritional assessment of diet when applicable. Visits can include acute counseling sessions with up to five visits per school year. Dietitian will maintain a referral list with the college for students requiring more long-term nutritional counseling.
- Special Diet Requests - Registered Dietitian will work with Bon Appetit and college protocols to support students with special diet needs and/or medical accommodations. When needed, the dietitian will work with the college to establish and maintain campus protocols related to ADA compliance for special dietary needs.
- Individual recommendations are based on current nutritional science.
Supervision and Staff Development
- Menus - works with café managers and supervisors to ensure that foods are identified properly according to Bon Appetit protocols.
- Develops and implements training to support food allergy and wellness protocols onsite for management and hourly teams.
- Works with staff to implement a robust Food for Your Well-Being program.
- Works with the Executive Chef to ensure that all meals are nutritionally balanced, varied and appealing to the senses and meet Bon Appétit’s well-being commitments.
- Registered Dietitian and Executive Chef will devise a special events calendar for each calendar year. They will implement the special events calendar with input from the building managers and supervisors.
Program Development and Implementation
- Registered Dietitian will plan and implement an annual wellness calendar of events specifically for assigned campus.
- Will be available to attend and present at designated campus events (refer to account specific section)
- Provides nutrition-related workshops for groups, upon request.
- Applies current, science-based knowledge of nutrition to all programs.
- Understands and can apply knowledge of nutrient content analysis when using analysis software.
- For “WBI®” accounts – Registered Dietitian will be involved in supporting all critical steps in WBI® including recipe testing/entry/approvals, accurate entry into café manager and overall integrity of the program. Conducts designated menus reviews in specified timeframes.
- For “In Health” accounts – Registered Dietitian will be involved in supporting all critical steps in In Health including weekly menu reviews.
- Attends monthly corporate nutrition meetings. Supports and contributes to corporate nutrition and wellness programming.
- Maintains contact with Bon Appétit Director Nutrition and Wellness to ensure programming adheres to corporate branding and wellness standards.
- Represents company in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner in all customer and employee interactions
- Greets customers courteously and interacts with customers in a manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and service oriented manner
- Reviews and responds to all customer comments within 24 hours of submission.
- Relays relevant comments from customers directly to the management team.
- Ensures that the answering of the office phone is done timely and correctly, ensuring that all vendors, guests, clients and staff are treated with care and respect.
- Communicates accurately, honestly and in a timely manner with Clients, vendors, Managers and Bon Appétit accounting department.
- Attends internal staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in food and nutrition or related science field required.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and State Licensure, where applicable. Registry eligible will be considered; however, RD credential must be obtained within three months from date of hire.
- General Hospitality knowledge and interest in sustainability and sustainable food practices.
- Minimum of three (3) years general Dietitian / Nutritional work.
- Working knowledge of nutrient analysis software and ability to learn/master internal Webtrition software.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the work place.
- Ability to interact with diverse and high volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Ability to manage simultaneous events and a large staff in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point. Computer data input skills.
- Proficient with word processing and spread sheet applications.
- Ability to write professional and efficient emails to clients and customers.
- Possess the ability to meet Bon Appétit unit specific uniform standards for this position.
- Ability to work at times with minimal supervision, and accomplish tasks without direct instruction, and problem solve for the best solutions.
- Open to travel upon request.
Great People. Great Service. Great Results.
At Compass Group North America, our superior balance of efficiency and quality attract the highest caliber level of service our clients deserve. We retain the finest workers with a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. If you're looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group North America is for you! Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry's best.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Activation Date: Monday, November 20, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Areas of Interest:Nutrition/Dietetics, Foodservice - Business/Corporate Dining