Recipe: Seasonal Melon Agua Fresca
Posted by Kristen Rasmussen on July 26, 2012in Featured, Food and Drink, Food for Your Well-Being, Nutrition - 0 Comments
This agua fresca recipe makes use of any seasonal melons you may have on hand (try your local farmers’ market!) and includes much less added sugar than traditional agua fresca recipes to help you hydrate the healthy way.
Seasonal Melon Agua Fresca
- 2 – 3 cups melon chunks (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc.)
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- Mint sprigs for garnish, optional
- Place melon in a blender and puree until smooth. Strain through a sieve and discard pulp.
- Pour into a pitcher and stir in water, lime juice, and sweetener of your choice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.